Our Development Planning Unit seeks to solve problems on a manageable scale so as to uplift and sustain development in targeted areas. The unit provides services to a wide range of social & economic programmesthat enable sustainable urban and rural development.
The following represent some of SAFIRI's expertise in this area:
- Rapid assessments of challenges in developed areas (urban, peri-urban & rural);
- Community asset mapping;
- Geo-spatial mapping of urban & rural assets;
- Comprehensive development strategies for towns & rural settlements;
- Guiding processes & systems for effecting change in urban & rural areas;
- Resolution of human and environmental development challenges;
- Decision making tools for policy and programmatic interventions.